- Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual based on the name, date of birth, or other descriptions contained in the information (including information that can be easily compared with other information to identify a specific individual). This definition is in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003).
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Company will acquire and use personal information to the extent necessary for the following purposes. In cases where personal information is used beyond the scope of the following purposes, the Company will obtain the individual’s consent through appropriate means in advance.
a. Regarding personal information provided in the course of providing the Company’s services and promotional activities:
- To provide the Company’s services (hereinafter referred to as “the Services”).
- To improve and enhance the content of the Services and develop new services.
- To send information about new features, updates, promotions, and other services provided by the Company (including via email, brochures, and other direct mail).
- To provide necessary communication, such as maintenance and important notices.
- To respond to inquiries from users of the Services (including identity verification).
- To report to users on the usage status of the Services.
- To request cooperation in surveys, interviews, and various events related to the Services and to report the results.
- To conduct research and analysis of usage history, etc., of the Services, and to use the results for the improvement, development of the Services, and advertising delivery.
- To use browsing history, purchase history, and other information for the delivery of advertisements related to new products and services based on individual preferences.
b. Regarding personal information provided in connection with the Company’s recruitment activities:
- To conduct examinations and decisions related to recruitment conditions.
- To review and decide on hiring or not.
- To verify application histories.
- To conduct background checks on applicants’ job histories.
- To respond to inquiries, administrative notifications, and other procedures related to the hiring selection process.
- To provide necessary information about post-hiring matters and perform other necessary procedures.
- For post-hiring personnel and labor management.
- Management and Protection of Personal Information
The Company will rigorously manage personal information and will not disclose or provide data to third parties without the individual’s consent, except in the following cases. Additionally, the Company will take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information, considering safety.
a. In cases where it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and obtaining consent from the individual is difficult. b. In cases where it is necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of healthy child-rearing, and obtaining consent from the individual is difficult. c. In cases where cooperation is necessary for a government institution or local public body or a person entrusted by either of them to perform tasks prescribed by law, and obtaining consent from the individual may hinder the performance of such tasks. d. In cases where the third party is an academic research institution or similar entity and it is necessary for the institution to handle personal data for academic research purposes (including cases where a part of the purpose of handling the personal data is academic research, excluding cases where there is a risk of unduly infringing on the individual’s rights and interests). e. When personal information handling, in whole or in part, is entrusted to achieve the objectives of use in a smooth and efficient manner. f. In the case of providing personal information in connection with the transfer of business due to mergers and other reasons. g. When personal information is jointly used with specific individuals, prior notification is provided to the individual or the individual is easily made aware of it, specifying the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of parties jointly using the personal information, the purpose of use of the parties, and the name and address of the person responsible for the management of the personal information in the case of a corporation, the representative’s name (or in the case of a non-corporate organization, the name of the person responsible or manager).
- Handling of Personal Information through Outsourcing
The Company may, within the necessary scope for the achievement of the objectives of use, outsource all or part of the handling of personal information. In such cases, the Company will thoroughly examine the qualifications of the outsourcing contractor and, in contracts, specify matters related to confidentiality obligations and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the contractor. The Company may also jointly use personal information acquired in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may jointly use all or part of personal information within the necessary scope to achieve the objectives of use as follows:
- Information to be jointly used: Name, address, telephone number, email address, and other personal data registered by the customer for the use of the Services, information regarding the usage history of the Services, and information about the customer’s hobbies and preferences inferred from these.
- Parties jointly using the information: Subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Company (as specified in the Company’s corporate information).
- Purposes of use by parties jointly using the information: As specified in Article 2.
- Person responsible for the management of joint use:
Honey J Corporation
Representative Director Junichi Ito
Address: Mori Matsuhonsha Building 2F, Nyoraimachi 3, Kita-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 462-0008, Japan.
- Marketing Activities through Social Media Operators, etc.
The Company may provide an individual’s personal information, such as their email address, to operators providing advertising delivery services for social media and similar operators. These operators may compare the personal information provided by the Company with the individual’s own personal information, such as their email address, and may conduct marketing activities based on the results of such comparison (including the delivery of the Company’s advertisements to the individual when there is a match).
- Provision to Third Parties Abroad
The Company may provide personal information to third parties located in foreign countries. If the foreign country does not have a personal information protection system at the same level as Japan, the Company will provide personal information only to parties that maintain a system conforming to the standards required by Japanese law, except in cases where it is permitted by law or consent is obtained from the individual, and will take necessary measures to ensure that the conforming system is continuously maintained.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
When requested by the individual or a third party to disclose records regarding the disclosure of personal information or third-party provision of personal information, the Company will promptly disclose it to the individual. However, the Company may decide not to disclose all or part of it if it falls under any of the following categories. In such cases, the Company will notify the individual of the decision without delay:
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- When there is a risk of significantly impeding the proper execution of the Company’s business.
- When it would violate the law or other